There is a nice study available that draws an interesting picture about Finland's mobile environment. Study is highly interesting because of the quantity of data and the method used: data has been gathered directly from operator's systems for over 4.000.000 subscribers.
Here are some highlights from data:
- Nokia's market share is >86%, first non-Nokia terminal ranked 57th
- Nokia's market share in smartphones is >99%
- Symbian penetration is 18%
- Most popular terminal is Nokia 3310, N70 most popular smartphone
- 1000 different terminal models used in mobile networks
- 54% of S60 terminals are 3rd edition
- 70% of terminals support Java
- 17-19% terminals generate data traffic weekly
- 92% of mobile data traffic comes from computers that use mobile phones as modems
- When browsing with mobile terminal, content is mostly local
Is you are planning to do mobile business in Finland, this report might give you something to think about.